Overdue for a dental visit? Wondering how often you really need to see the dentist in Carmel Valley or San Diego? Get the answers you need in this blog from Carmel Valley Dental now, and see why routine dental care is so important for your dental health.
You Need To Visit The Dentist Every Six Months
The recommendation of the ADA (American Dental Association) is that patients visit the dentist every six months for preventive care, such as oral exams and teeth cleanings.
While some patients may need more frequent visits, this is the most common recommendation, and the vast majority of people should see their dentist twice a year.
That’s our recommendation at Carmel Valley Dental, too. Unless Dr. Bancroft provides you with a different treatment plan, it’s best to come to our office for an oral exam and teeth cleaning every six months.
5 Reasons Seeing The Dentist Every Six Months Makes Sense
Not sure that seeing the dentist twice a year is really necessary? Here are just a few reasons why it’s a good idea.
- Covered by dental insurance – Almost every dental insurance plan covers two preventive visits per year. In most cases, you won’t even have to pay a copay for a teeth cleaning and oral exam, and some plans also cover preventive care like fluoride treatments. Since you’re covered for two visits per year, it just makes sense to take full advantage of this coverage.
- Saves you time and money – Catching oral health problems like cavities and gum disease early can help you avoid complex and pricey dental procedures, which saves you time and money. Investing in the health of your teeth and gums is always worth it.
- Gives you peace of mind – After each appointment at Carmel Valley Dental, you’ll be able to rest easy, knowing that your smile is healthy and strong, and free of serious problems like gum disease or tooth decay.
- Keeps your smile bright – Regular teeth cleanings help prevent the buildup of stains caused by plaque and tartar, since your hygienist will scrape away plaque that you can’t remove on your own, and buff your smile with a high-powered polishing tool.
- Check for oral cancer – As part of every routine cleaning, Dr. Bancroft will check for signs of oral cancer. This type of cancer is rare, but unless you see a dentist regularly ,it may not be detected until it has spread to other parts of your body. Even if you have a low risk for oral cancer, this exam will ensure your mouth is healthy and free of any potential signs of cancer.
Schedule Your Next Consultation At Carmel Valley Dental Today!
Whether you’ve just moved to the area, you’re seeking a new dentist, or it’s just been a while since you’ve had routine dental care in San Diego, Carmel Valley Dental is where you want to be. Dr. Lindsay Bancroft provides convenient preventive care in the area, and can help you keep your smile bright, strong, and healthy. Contact us online or give us a call at (858) 755-3780 to schedule your appointment right away.